The inauguration of the project was held on 27 September 2009 at the Castle in Sucha Beskidzka.
The inauguration ceremony was attended by the representatives of the funds financing the project, i.e.:
- Deputy Director of the Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme – Mr Roland Python
- President of the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Warsaw - Mr Jan Rączka
- Deputy President of the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Kraków – Mr Józef Kała
as well as mayors, town council members, representatives of the residents participating in the project.
The Starost of Sucha Beskidzka, Mr Tadeusz Gancarz, opened the meeting talking about the difficult beginnings of the project implementation.
The history, scope, aim and expected effects of the project as well as the technical details of the solar systems were presented by Mr Paweł Dyrcz, the Head of the Environment Department and, at the same time, the originator and Coordinator of the project.
Mr Tomasz Pasierbek form the Babiogórski National Park spoke about the natural value of Babia Góra, the Natura 2000 area, as one of the project aims was to improve air quality in the areas of outstanding natural value.
The Mayor of Maków Podhalański, Mr Paweł Sala, shared his observations and comments related to the first stage of the system installation works which are being carried out in the commune of Maków Podhalański.
As part of the “Programme for Enhancing the Use of Renewable Energy Sources and Improving the Quality of Air within the Natura 2000 Areas in the Poviat of Sucha Beskidzka” 2349 solar systems will have been installed on residential buildings in the poviat by the end of August 2013.
The project is co-financed by Switzerland as part of the Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme (CHF 4.6 million, i.e. PLN 12.9 million), the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Warsaw (PLN 13.5 million) and by the residents of the poviat (PLN 5.1 million).
The project also involves the installation of a solar system for the local hospital in Sucha Beskidzka using the Swiss Contribution Fund (PLN 712 748) and the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Kraków (PLN 398 880). There will be 11632 m2 of solar collectors installed on residential buildings of the total capacity of 8.52 MW and 400 m2 on the hospital building of the total capacity of 300 kW.
The aim of the project is to improve air quality by reducing emissions by 3521 tons per year, improve the quality of life for residents who will be able to live in the clean environment, limit conventional fuel use as well as reduce the socio-economic disparities by savings achieved thanks to solar systems.
The Suski Poviat is the only poviat in Poland installing solar collectors on such a large scale.
The congratulation letters sent to the programme participants were read out during the inauguration ceremony. They came from:
- Member of the Polish Parliament – Pan Marek Polak
- Member of the Polish Parliament – Ms Beata Szydło
- Ministry of Regional Development – Director Małgorzata Wierzbicka
- Implementing Authority for European Programmes - Director Tomasz Dyląg
- Deputy President of the Board of the Małopolska Agency for Regional Development - Mr Stanisław Bisztyga
The directors and presidents of the institutions co-financing the programme spoke about the efforts invested in the implementation of the project until its very last stage, at the same time thanking everyone for successful cooperation.
The participants of the ceremony admitted that the programme required a lot of work but it was an extremely effective period that produced an innovative solution applied on a regional scale. It was calculated that after the project completion as many as 29% of the residential buildings in the Suski Poviat will have solar systems on their roofs.
Another point on the agenda was handing appreciation letters (see photo gallery) to the following individuals:
- Director of the Swiss Contribution Office, Dominiqe Favre, and his staff,
- President of the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Warsaw, Mr Jan Rączka, and his staff,
- President of the Regional Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Kraków, Małgorzata Mrugała, and her staff.
At the end of the meeting Mr Paweł Dyrcz, the Project Coordinator mentioned by name each and every person involved in the project and thanked them for their commitment and hard work. The words of gratitude went to the employees of the poviat as well as those from collaborating and co-financing institutions, and the residents who demonstrated their confidence in the poviat by taking part in the project.
The inauguration ceremony was closed by the Starost of Sucha Beskidzka who also thanked everyone for the project implementation. The participants of the ceremony had an opportunity to see a sample solar system presented by Solver Sp. z o.o., a company from Tarnowskie Góry that won the contract.
Below you can find:
- presentations from the inauguration ceremony
- video prepared courtesy of the powiatsuski24.pl portal >>> see